måndag 13 oktober 2008

Opera The Dog

Opera is visiting for a few days. She´s a dog. A black labrador to be specific.

When we go walking in the park, people stop and chat. Mainly about Opera of course. But I also realise that they have certain preconceived notions about me as a dog-walker (or dog-owner as people would assume). It is a positive experience.

So my own image is different now that I have dog-company. Opera is a black labrador. What would happen to my image if she was a poodle or a dachshund or maybe a German Shepard? Would people treat me in a different way?

The same goes for people. We judge people partly by the networks they belong to - or don´t belong to. We might not like it, but it is a fact to relate to.

Bud Bilanich says it like this: "Join only those organizations and associate only with those people whose values are in line with your own. If you aren’t comfortable with your surroundings, you’ll have a hard time making a positive personal impact."

I´m taking another walk with Opera.





Inga kommentarer: