tisdag 14 oktober 2008

Expectations can build a brand

At least if we deliver as much as or more than our clients expect.

I had some sort of childish expectation as I steered my car towards the villages Bullerbyn and Katthult in Småland a couple of weeks ago, after a workshop with my local client. This is where the Bullerby-kids used to live. And this is where Emil in Lönneberga hoisted his sister Ida to the top of the flagstaff.

There were no children running around. Still it was just as I expected. Red houses. A white wooden gate. A cat strolling by. Idyllic.















So Astrid Lindgren, the author of these books for children, managed to build such a strong image in my mind, that I still - after more than 30 years - get good vibes from these names and places. What can we learn from her?















Astrid Lindgren said: "You have to experience yourself as a child if you write for children." So we need to experience ourselves as our clients in order to deliver good results.

Inga kommentarer: