onsdag 17 december 2008

Personal branding - do we need it?

Your personal brand already exists. Maybe you didn't consciously create it, but people already have ideas about who you are, which is exactly what personal branding is all about.

Marieke Hensel



There is no way out. You already have a personal brand. You might not even be in charge of it. Would you like to be in charge of it? Then set your goals and aim for them. Take good care of your talents and use them. Be consequent in your basic values, but make sure that you add some extraordinary stuff now and then. In that way, you will stand out in a crowd.

You need to be genuine. People will notice if you try to be someone else than who you really are. You will confuse them and your personal brand will loose strength. The important thing is not what others think about you, but when they catch you the way you want them to, they will help you on your way.

When you know who you are and what you want - go for it all the way, in everything you do. You will have fun and - on some extra sunny days - you will reach your goals.

Learn more about personal branding here: personalbrandingblog

4 kommentarer:

Marieke Hensel sa...

Hey Anna-Karin,
Thanks for quoting me here!

Your blog inspires me to think about the extraordinary things we can do to stand out in a crowd. Love that!

:-)

Anna-Karin Lingham sa...

Thanks for your message! Yes, extraordinary things are fun.

Charles Rich sa...

Hi Anna-Karin.

Personal branding is really importantant to me as my name is on the tin, so to speak. Whatever people think of me it becomes the branding of the Consultancy.

I did a 360o survey which was really important as it told me what people really thought of me, rather than what I thought they did. It really helped me to refocus!

Anna-Karin Lingham sa...

"My name is on the tin". Good one, I will remember it.