onsdag 4 februari 2009

The Pharmacy reform

The monpoly of the Swedish Pharmacy will turn into a competitive branch of trade in a few months. Anyone will be able to start a pharmacy, as long as there are certified pharmacists working there. Today there are about 900 pharmacies in Sweden. Half of them will be sold to other parties. We can probably expect players like Boots on our market in times to come.



The Swedish Pharmacy will move into this new competitive situation with their heads held high. They are modernising their visual identity - although they keep the basics so that people will feel secure and can trust their longterm thinking. There will be more private label as part of their branding- and differentiationprocess. They spend time, money and energy on education, so that every single co-worker will be a natural part of the new Apoteket. The storeconcept will be more modern than before.

I am looking forward to this change, although I guess I will feel a bit confused in the beginning. Who shall I choose when I need special bandaid for my sore trekkingfeet in the future? More choices, more possibilities.

Inga kommentarer: