fredag 5 juni 2009

The Boss

What is it about Bruce Springsteen that makes him such a boss? We have a discussion on Facebook, where one of my singingfriends thinks that he is lacking musical talent. Many would disagree with that.

Besides his existing or non existing musical talent, there is something else that makes him almost magic. I would say that it is partly his charm, partly his genuinity. He´s got IT. He could be one of us, he is nice and humble, he sings about everyday life and plays with joy. That is enough for me. I like him.

I also think that his consistency in music and fellow musicians gives us some kind of comfort. He was there when I was a teenager and he is still here with the same kind of music, partly the same band and the same harsh and handsome look. Maybe he is immortal and forever young. That would be nice.

The Boss is playing in Stockholm this week. I could hear him across the city all the way back to my house, kilometres away from the concert. It was a treat.

Inga kommentarer: